Sunday 4 March 2012

hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?

Well I'm on the plane to Bangkok. I'm really just testing out my bluetooth keyboard to my iphone! So stoked it works!

After breaking down in tears once I left the life I knew to the life that awaited me on the other side of the customs door, I've settled into my plane trip. Already I'm intrigued to see how this trip will go as I've developed a little crush on one of the emirates stewardesses. She has this radiant smile and such a relaxed carefree disposition I find my self really wanting to ask her to sit down with me and have a nice cup of united arab emirates tea.

Each time she walks by me I'm reminded of the universal language of beauty.

If her god has the name Allah and he brings out that sort of beauty, then let him keep doing his work.

I'm fascinated by beauty. Beauty can seem weak and flimsy but I couldn't name one thing that is more disarming than beauty. Combine beauty and love and even the most evil tyrant couldn't resist it's power.

I guess maybe that's what i'm desiring somewhat for this trip. To discover beauty in even the most desolate places.

Already on this flight there are so many different nationalities and backgrounds and stories and yet one thing remains distinctly the same. There's just something quite HUMAN about all of us... 



In my original seat I was next to an elderly French couple who had just come back from NZ. A couple (not sure where from, but with my untrained ear seeming to speak arabic) were separated and I was the key that allowed a swapping of seats so they could be together. I was put next to a couple who I originally thought were Australian, but their accent gave them away to be obviously not. (Again my accent detection failing me). Behind the couple who I had swapped with was a middle-aged quite-boisterous and jovial man. The gorgeous air hostess is distinctly Arab. 


A baby is held by the couple who are now in my original seat. And we all seem to light up as soon as we lay eyes on this baby. All people, with such different stories, become uniquely the same as soon as something as innocent and obviously breathtakingly beautiful as a cute baby girl.

I guess it just gives me a boost of confidence that wherever I do find myself I think I'll find myself amongst humans. And I believe every human has a radar for beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment