Sunday 11 March 2012

Move over Moses

I would never think catching a taxi would bring such a sense of anticipation. 
And that haggling a price to the point that the driver has to put on a sad puppy dog face to try and con the dumb westerner to hand over more money so satisfying. 

The sweet smell of - well to be quite frank it's not so much sweet as it is dirty streets and stale falafel, but that would never do to describe – freedom!

Yes. I cut my losses and broke away from my tour group, and I'm sitting in an airport waiting to cross the red sea!  Fair: I'm not splitting the ocean and walking on the sea bed but still... I mean, freedom's freedom. To a degree.  I'm probably not feeling anything too different to the red sea crossers?

Anyway. I'm excited and scared and lots of other little things and I wrote a little something about it all... :)


I'm out. 
From false comforts and armour with holes. To shaky trains and unknown worlds. 

Today was my day, and I took it with glee. 
My adventure begins  with no one but me.

Desert sun on dry barren land
Through dust and haze comes a guiding hand.

Though my heart is expectant, with my soul set to soar. 
I'd lie if I said fear lives here no more.

It's not death that I fear, or if i'll go hungry, 
but if I get lost, who'll come and guide me?

Or what if my soul doesn't dance and sing, 
and I get home the same, less the cash in my wing?

This I can't know but tomorrow (or maybe the next day) I'll see,
so let's just find what today has for me. 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful. Made me think of what you wrote in your first blog about discovering beauty in desolate places. Safe travels :)

    ReplyDelete